What do you need for remote unlock:
1. A Windows computer (pc or laptop) with an internet connection. For some unlock operation internet speed (download & upload) might be important, so you may run a test here and give us result before we start >>Speed Test<<
2. USB cable for your model, make sure is genuine and fully working, connect it to a main USB port to your computer
How to root Sprint S7/S7 Edge Android 6.0.1 PJ2, PK1 or PL6 firmware to be able to unlock network:
1. Make sure your device has firmware build number ending with PJ2, PK1 or PL6
In case your device has different firmware version, after you check if update/downgrade is possible, download and flash your phone with Odin using one of this firmware list according to your model. If you want to return to stock firmware after root and unlock procedure download your stock firmware build version
Sprint S7 firmware:
Sprint S7 Edge firmware:
Flash with Odin tutorial HERE
2. Download Root_S7.zip , extract the files so that you have the folder Root_S7 with files inside it.
Copy this folder to your phones internal storage and leave a copy on your PC also so you can run(double click) Root_S7.bat in the later step.
3. Download and install on phone app called “PHONE INFO Samsung 3.5.2” found HERE or on Google Play Store. Download and install on phone Unlock App Root
4. Go to Settings > About Device > and tap “Build Number” 7 times to enable “Developer Menu”,
then enable “USB Debugging” and “OEM unlock” in the Developer Menu. Download and install Samsung USB Drivers on your pc if not installed already. Disable secure start-up if is set from settings -> screen lock -> PIN -> secure start-up. Remove Google and Samsung Account from settings -> accounts
5. Power off the phone,put phone in Download Mode by holding Home + Volume Down + Power button untill download screen appears
6. Press Volume Up to confirm enter “Downloading Mode”
7. Connect USB and wait for all drivers to finish installing on PC.
8. Download SM-G930x_Engineering_BOOT.tar.md5 or SM-G935x_Engineering_BOOT.tar.md5 (choose correct file for S7 or S7 Edge according to your model number). Place file in folder Root_S7 created previous on your pc.
9. Download Odin 3.12 . Open it, then select the above file in “AP” tab, then press START on Odin, the file will be flashed.
10. After phone reboots, double click “Root_S7.bat that is inside Root_S7 folder that you extracted on your PC. After the phone reboots automatically it is rooted.
(it may take a couple tries due to the phone bootlooping, once successfull SuperSU will be installed). Phone will display “Security Notice” notfication error, ignore it.
11. Open SuperSU app and go to its settings >Access> and change it from “Prompt” to “Grant”. After you have changed this setting the phone should only reboot 1 more time.
If SuperSU prompts “update su binary” you need to run the Root_S7.bat again, and/also check that you have copied Root_S7 folder with exactly same name and location as the previous picture. If phone keeps restarting after root process completed insert sprint sim
12. Open Phone Info App installed in step 3, click menu bar in top left corner, click other tools, click service mode (root) and from here you will be able to acces GCF, must be turned on before unlock is done (ue setting & info -> setting -> protocol -> gcf)
13. Proceed to unlocking network via remote service using this >>instructions<<. This service is paid, payment via paypal or skrill. Contact us before starting this procedure:
Notes: After unlock done if you want to remove root, just flash stock firmware with odin (same firmware build version as you had), firmware links posted at beginning of this tutorial. After flash stock firmware, turn off OTA updates. If you have no DATA/MMS after rooting/unlocking (and you have checked APN settings) reset Network Settings as shown below.